SR. CORPORATE AUDITOR I
- ANA00V Requisition #
- Mar 17, 2017 Post Date
The Senior Corporate Auditor I is responsible for assisting in documenting and executing the company’s annual audit plan related to internal controls over financial reporting (SOX 404). This role will also handle other operational areas or special projects as assigned.
May perform any or all ofthe following duties:
Works with Process Owners and management to understand process flows, evaluate process-level risks and identify key controls.
Documents and tests key controls related to the company’s internal controls over financial reporting.
Under the direction of Corporate Audit Management, assists in documenting and testing general information technology and application controls for simple to complex computer information systems.
Ensures sufficient documentation of testing is maintained.
Assists Process Owners with responding to process and/or organizational changes.
Identifies, documents, communicates and assists in evaluation of deficiencies.
Works with Process Owners to set the appropriate remediation plan for deficiencies identified.
Assists in the implementation of new internal and external requirements (i.e., AICPA, PCAOB, SEC, etc.).
Assists Corporate Audit Management with the company’s annual risk assessment process.
At the request of the external auditors may provide support with their audits.
Promotes a high level of ethical awareness within the organization in support of the company’s code of business conduct.
Identifies and assists in the implementation of process improvement and best practices, including recommending revisions to audit procedures to enhance testing efficiency.
Investigates fraudulent activities, theft, procedural violations, etc. as they are identified and provides recommendations to strengthen procedural and internal controls.
Provides practical alternatives to improve identified weaknesses, which may include new process development.
Performs control monitoring activities at all business levels.
Assists in the preparation of in-depth audit reports on findings and results and reviews reports with management and external auditors to resolve deficiencies and improve operations.
Performs other duties and/or special projects as assigned in response to changing business conditions and/or requirements.
- Must possess approximately three (2) to five (5) years of experience and/or education that demonstrates a commanding knowledge of auditing (IT preferred)
- BA/BS Degree required (Accounting or related field)
- CPA or CIA preferred; CISA a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management both inside and outside of the Company
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Demonstrates sound judgment
- Strong work ethic
- Strong organization and multitasking skills
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Corporate office, fast paced, high volume of activity, and a deadline driven environment
- Sitting for extended periods of time, using telephone, typing and/or operating a computer and/or mouse
- Travels as needed approximately twenty (10 - 15)%